Did You Know...?
- Over 60% of falls occur at home — with the majority in the bathroom
- One-third of people 65+ fall every year.
- Falls are the most common cause of injuries and hospital admissions for people who are 65+.
If you have a medical condition, mobility or equilibrium issues:
- De-clutter your space, making sure it is well lit.
- Try to keep all surfaces as dry as possible.
- Get a Grip! Use a grab bar wherever you need support.
- Use a tub rail or transfer bench to get into the tub.
- Use a bath chair or stool to sit on while bathing.
- Use a handheld shower with an extra long hose to wash.
- A bath mat can provide a large, slip-proof surface.
- Consider a toilet safety rail for added support (or a stand-alone model that folds to put away when others use the bathroom).